By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

BT in court over direct debit fees

Boxby

I took out a new line with BT yesterday. IT took 47 minutes. I was told that a credit check was a LEGAL requirement (Bo*****ks, I said, I don't remember Westminster passing a leglislation requiring BT to run a credit check on new customers taking out more products!).

I ak fed up with big businesess IMPOSING their policy on customers. And with BT it's still fundamentally a monopoly, if you don't live in one of the big cities, so what's your choice, accept their stupid rules, and complain strongly to a call centre in India who don't give a toss, or don't get your telephone line!

I'm off now for a wee lie down!!

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
You're totally right though. I was looking at costings for moving into offices... and just for my ability to have an ADSL line put in by another provider, I need an active line from BT.

You only have to look at the renumeration the board of Directors at BT get to see why they have these policies though. A pair of pants for every day of the year.

DavidN

This is absolutely ridiculous! I agree with you , just watch the floodgates open!

It's just another way of squeezing a few more pounds out of people.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking