By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Black Cab Marketing

Adventurelife

Adventurelife

Anyone any experience?

I am thinking of doing some black cab wraps in Edinburgh and Glasgow

Got some prices so just interested if anyone has done it before?

Regards

Peter

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I did two back in 2001 with an outsourcing company I was working with. We had two wrapped in Edinburgh only as virtually 90% of our client base was there. I think from memory we were able to book these specific cabs with a certain amount of notice. Being that we were in financial services and very cash rich it was the thing to do.

As far as what we got back from it i'm not sure. I guess it's hard to measure the impact it has on getting your brand out there. From memory it was quite expensive but on the flip side it's potentially a 24 hour walking advertisement :)

Adventurelife

Adventurelife

Hi

Looks like it is around £100 per month on 12 month contract per cab in Edinburgh.

What I am trying to find out is how many sets of eyes will see it so I can do the calculations to see if it is worth it

As you know what we do is quite visual so big graphic adverts do work for us if enough eyeballs see them so it all comes down to how many see it.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

From memory Peter I remember it being much more expensive than that. That seems very reasonable, do you pay for the wrapping on top of that price?

I can totally see how this works for you and I think you could make the wraps look really stunning :) Let us know how you get on with this and some pics would be superb if you decide to go ahead.

johnthesearcher

johnthesearcher

Hi Peter

Have you considered doing a cost comparison between Black Cabs against some of the Scottish tour companies that run organised tours in 15 seat minibuses from Edinburgh thoughout the Highlands and back.

The good thing is that they run the routes for most of the year round.

They appear to get closer to the tourists and tourism hotspots throughout Scotland which may spread your message to a wider niche market. You know the types..... cash rich who like adventure, no problem with travelling to get a unique experience etc.

You will probably have considered this but it's worth a thought.

Although I appreciate that you may possibly get a more visual impact on the black cabs and they hang around (commuter routes) airports, railway and bus stations.

It may be worth looking at the high visibility ads on the Black Cabs and pick out your top 5 and then contact the companies who are advertising and simply ask them how the numbers stack up (ROI)

John