By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

billboards

ahop23

Have any of you ever tried using billboards or roadside signage and advertising to spread the word about your company or business? I wonder if this is a terribly expensive method or if it even works anymore?

S

ScottJ

Ling did from LingsCars (appeared on Dragons Den) she put a rocket on an old military vehicle and parked it near a motorway, very effective but I don't think the council were too chuffed.

Ling did from LingsCars (appeared on Dragons Den) she put a rocket on an old military vehicle and parked it near a motorway, very effective but I don't think the council were too chuffed.
I met her a wee while back; didn't know it was her 'till I got talking to her. The mad 'bag lady' image she displayed on Dragon's Den is just a facade and she's actually quite a refined, very intelligent young woman.

There are a few instances of similar sorts of things along the M8... Farmer's fields with trailers parked in them; Ads on the side.... Where you have a bit of space and the 'board can become a landmark there's a possible benefit. In fact isn't there at least one 'real' billboard on the M8? More conventional billboards are HORRENDOUSLY expensive to use... Good for products that require a strong 'sub conscious' presence. But they're more a useful component part of a broad ad campaign than anything you'd benefit from directly.

When I ran Clydeside TV as a corporate production company (the name's now only used for broadcast and sell-through) We used to take space on the backs of buses and sides of taxis. This was as a support to another (radio) campaign... An ad on the back of a bus (which is getting showed under people's nose upteen times per day) was about 1/10th of the cost of a single billposter site.... Bus shelters and street furniture site are more useable. But didn't we have a post of the old board about some city council wanting

nothing does

nothing does

As far as I can remember 48 and 96 sheets (billboards) can be expensive. These guys are the experts JCDecaux

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking