By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Big Brother 2008

TomB

TomB

Well, we've got a Euro thread so i thought we might need a big brother thread.

Anybody care to comment on this years big brother!!

I have to admit i watched the lanch show and have forgotten its been on since now.

Anybody else out there a viewer?

T

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Tom,

My thoughts on Big Brother are probably the same as yours on the footie :p

I work with people who eat, sleep and breathe it when it's on but I simply cant stand it. I seen excerpts of the launch show and they all look like a bunch of half wits trying to get their fifteen minutes of fame.

It does have a following though so I assume it must be profitable otherwise they wouldn't be making it. I might be in the minority here though, what do other people think?

Brian McIntosh

I think it would be more fun if they locked them all up permanently. It's the biggest heap of bollocks ever. (In my humble opinion).

TomB

TomB

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an avid follower of it, I watched the launch and have forgotten its been on every night.

I don't mind it, but i don't really go out of my way to watch it.

If anything is amusing to watch the lows that some people will go to for their 15 minutes of fame. :D

D

Dizzydiza

I dont usually watch it but my daughter last year got me hooked on the friday night evictions....this year am hooked on the nightly diary of events and my daughter has declared it a bore already.....lmso

What gauls me is when this particular commercial product is granted free advertising in the form of news reports. And there is also the point it really is the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of TV production.

What's more they (in my opinion :rolleyes: ) nicked the (rather better) idea from a former colleague of mine....

Stuart McKears Father of Big Brother? Index

He used to be a bit more assertive in his claim. But it's legit enough, and I can't help wonder what's made him so 'restrained' these days.... It couldn't possibly have anything to do with a corporate bully kicking a man when he's ...well not down exactly but certainly not in a position to respond in kind.