By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

R

Red Doe

I tried to load an avatar picture from my Flickr photostream, selected "Thumbnail" to make sure it was small enough but when I tried to apply it here, it didn`t work. :sad:

Frugaldom

Frugaldom

Hi Red Doe, I managed to upload my avatar after having to further reduce the size. If you open the image file in something like Photoshop, reduce the overall file size until it's within the forum limit and then reload it, it should be fine. Hope this helps, good luck. :)

R

Red Doe

I downsized it to 75 x 75 and it still won`t load. :( Think I jinxed it. Och well, I shall just be a "woman of mystery" :D
(though the avatar is of my work, not me really)

Frugaldom

Frugaldom

Did you make sure you ticked 'custom avatar' button? :confused1: You should be able to see the image as soon as it loads if it's a small enough file. Take a look at your filesize, in case it's gone over the 19.5 KB. Mine was over, so I had to reduce the quality - hence the hazy look. Can you tell I don't work in graphics? :lol:

R

Red Doe

Oops...didn`t see the custom avatar button, will go back now and check :D

stugster

stugster

If you're still having trouble with it, send me a PM or email me the file and I'll have a look for you :)