By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Audio Files

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Hi Brian,

If you go Advanced and then click the paperclip icon, you should be able to upload audio files directly to the forums.

I'm not sure how long this will be available though; as the current set up physically embeds the file into the .sql database file (which makes the database slow!).

Have a go, and let me know how you get on :)

As a last resort, you could just post the link :)

Brian McIntosh

Tried that Stu. It tells me it's not a supported file format. I can't post a link as it's on my computer. Oh well, I'll just have to pee myself in private. :w00t:

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Brian,

Email it to me and I'll throw it on some web-space for you :)

Stu

TomB

TomB

Hey Stu,

Do you not have the forums setup to store attachments, avatars and signature pics in the file system.

Also to store the css as files rather than the database eases up the page loading time as well.

It makes the database much quicker, the tsf forums do that and the pages are like lightening to load.

I've got the instructions booked marked at home if you want them?

T

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Actually, no... and I'm embarrased about it to be honest! :D

I'll be fixing that soon though, as I realise the busier the forums get the slower they're going to be if we're storing it in the .sql.

Would love you to throw instructions to me :D Thanks

Murdoch Websites

Murdoch Websites

yeah, yousendit.com is very helpful

the only thing I would say is that some of the file upload sites don't like it if you are using a 3G mobile broadband card (MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and RapidShare: Easy Filehosting both spring to mind) and will tell you that you have reached your download limit fo the day even if you've never been on the site before (it's someting to do with the IP address of the card) - so in my opinion its best to use yousendit.com when you can :thumbup1:.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking