By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

At Last! You're at the Front of the Queue..... Now What?

johnthesearcher

johnthesearcher

In a somewhat crowded marketplace how do you get noticed?

What do the following companies have in common?

1. Asa Candler did it for Coca -Cola.

In 1887 he bought the formula for Coca-Cola from its inventor John Pemberton and several other share-holders for $2,300. The success of Coca-Cola was largely due to Candler's aggressive marketing of the product.

2. Ray Croc did it for the Mcdonalds Food Chain.

Raymond Albert Kroc was an American businessman who took over the (at the time) small-scale McDonald's Corporation franchise in 1954 and built it into the most successful fast food operation in the world.

3. Earl Nightingale and Vic Conant did it for Nightingale Conant

The world leader in personal development for over 40 years! whose library has the most comprehensive selection of quality personal and business development products ........ on the planet.

4. Richard Branston did it for Virgin.

Sir Richard Branson isn’t just a guy with a beard and a penchant for sweaters, balloons and boat racing. He’s also the man behind one of the most successful brands in the world: Virgin. But then you probably knew that
already.

Richard Branson is synonymous with Virgin – and this isn’t an accident.

5. Robin Barr did it for IRN-BRU

As well as being chairman, has held the prestigious post of chief Irn-Bru mixer. Only he, and one other unnamed individual, know exactly how to create "Scotland's other national drink".

AG Barr has skilfully built the Irn-Bru brand ever since the bright orange fizzy drink was first made in 1901; for some Scots, drinking Irn-Bru is a matter of national identity.

The answer to the question is quite simply .... they all applied a CONSISTENCY approach to develop their brand equity.

Or more realistically applied Consistency of Use.

Building your company brand requires two elements:

The identity itself and the consistency of its use.

Although it's true you could have a number different brands for different sections of your business but to be as effective as the above 5 examples they must relate back in a 'straight line' to the Parent company.

Once you’re happy with your corporate identity – business name and logo - make sure you use it everywhere!

Not just on your vehicle livery, business cards, stationery, envelopes, invoices, website, email, product packaging and other printed materials, but on ALL your marketing 'vehicles'.

Never miss an opportunity to promote your identity.

Salespeople have an expression “ABC – Always Be Closing.”

Marketers think a little differently, “ABS – Always Be Self-Promoting.”

Public Relations people go much further "AIM - Always Inform the Media."

According to Wikipedia - The study of brand equity is increasingly popular as some marketing researchers have concluded that brands are one of the most important and valuable assets that a company has.

LIVE the brand. :thumbup:

John

Quote of the day: "thousands of people saw the apple fall ....... but only Newton asked: WHY?"[/I]

nothing does

nothing does

Great post.

This is something I always try to get across to my clients how important brand consistency is. Everything from the way they answer the phone to pictures on the wall. It should all go back to the brand.

Adventurelife

Adventurelife

Great post John

I suspect I pay way to little attention to brand. I have always paid much more attention to response marketing. Being small I have always viewed branding as for the big boys and just focused on getting the enquires and converting them

That said I am starting to think different about it a bit. I have 5 companies trading at present with different brands and hopefully within 24 months that will be around 10 companies and hopefully onwards and upwards from there. I suspect I need to have a serious think about branding going forward:confused: