By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Ante Natal Appointments For Fathers And Partners Are You Ready??

M

Mike Turner

I think it's great that men are now given the chance to go to appointments, because their child is only born once, and it's an important time that they would of course want to be a part of. Friends of mine who have had children already have missed out, and it's a shame. But hopefully things will be different now.

Edward Obi

Edward Obi

Director, HR Consultancy
Things will be different however its good to note 2 things, it is unpaid and also the maximum times for ante natal appointments ref fathers/partners are only limited to two appointments. However holidays and unpaid leave can come into the picture dependant on how much notice is given in advance.

M

Mike Turner

Things will be different however its good to note 2 things, it is unpaid and also the maximum times for ante natal appointments ref fathers/partners are only limited to two appointments. However holidays and unpaid leave can come into the picture dependant on how much notice is given in advance.
That's okay. I think a lot of people would be more than happy to take time off unpaid, just as long as they're allowed to go to the appointments without being made to feel as though they're letting people down, or doing their job poorly or anything like that.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I think anything that is able to improve things for expectant fathers is a good idea, because I often feel that they are missing out on key events because they're unable to get any time away from work. So as far as I'm concerned this is good news and something that all businesses should try to put into place as soon and as effectively as possible.

L

Lauren Turner

I have always thought it a problem that people talk so much about how important a father is in the life of a child, but then never give him the chance to be the man he should be able to be. I think this is a good step in the right direction, and could do a lot of good in the long term.

P

Pete Brindle

Dads should be involved every step of the way, not just for themselves but to support their partners as well. It's rubbish if the woman has to go to her appointments on her own and I genuinely think this is a great thing.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Dads should be involved every step of the way, not just for themselves but to support their partners as well. It's rubbish if the woman has to go to her appointments on her own and I genuinely think this is a great thing.
Yes there are lots of women who have to go to the hospital on their own when they're having scans or other types of appointment and it's a shame because the baby is just as much the man's as it is the woman's. He should be able to be there if it is at all possible.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking