By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Adobe Question...

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

I downloaded Service Pack 3 for Windows XP on Sunday and ever since my copy of Adobe Professional 6:0 has had some glitches.

I have reinstalled the programme several times and did a system restore to before I installed SP3

When Adobe now loads up...I get the following messages appear, which I have to click OK to. Once it done them all the programme run and (seems) to be fine.

These are the messges

There was an error while loading the plug-in 'Annots-api'. Two attempting to register with the same name.

There was an error while loading the plug-in 'ImageConversion.api'. Two attempting to register with the same name.

There was an error while loading the plug-in 'ImageViewer.API'. Two attempting to register with the same name.

There was an error while loading the plug-in 'PaperCapture.api'. Two attempting to register with the same name.

There was an error while loading the plug-in 'PictureTasks.api'. Two attempting to register with the same name.

There was an error while loading the plug-in 'Preflight.api'. Two attempting to register with the same name.

There was an error while loading the plug-in 'SaveAsXML.api'. Two attempting to register with the same name.

There was an error while loading the plug-in 'TablePicker.api'. Two attempting to register with the same name.

Does anyone have any idea before I spend the family inheritance on Adobe support line?

Kind regards

Gordon
PLC

TomB

TomB

Hey gordon,

have you checked for updates to adobe professioal 6.

Also if you right click my computer and go to manage, then look at the application event viewer to see any errors that are there for adobe. there might be something that ca\n shed some more light.

T

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
"1. Make a note of the folder where Reader is installed.
2. Uninstall Reader through the control panel
3. Delete the folder from step 1
4. Reinstall Reader.

On no account skip step 3, or nothing will be achieved.

Aandi Inston"

Can't really take the credit for finding this, just noticed that Brian got in there first.

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

Hooray it got solved.

I went to the that forum, Snapper....and the answer, was almost identical...but the solution incredibly simple was that searching for all the *.api files, I found that for some reason Adobe had dupicate the 8 folder and files...and fixed (2) just after each of the folder.

Deleted duplicate folder and the programme loads as normal....so thank for the direction to the forum Snapper.

Tom,

I hadn't appreciated you could get update for Adobe Software too...(I am just a happy user).....it's now downloading a pile of update as we speak...I can feel my laptop grown at the prosepct....thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Also Tom, I had never used that 'Manage' function before...it didn't show any error of the Adobe application, but it did show a pile of other error!!! I thinks it time my laptop was taken to the laptop hospital and given good look over.

Thanks again chaps,

Gordon
PLC

TomB

TomB

Hey gordon,

Glad you got it fixed.

I'm always happy to help!!

You should send your laptop to Stuart, he's a bit of wizard at these things, much better than me :D

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking