By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

10 Things you can do when Windows XP wont boot up

Brian McIntosh

1. Shout and swear at the screen for a while.
2. Decide that that doesn't work.
3. Stomp around whilst swearing.
4. Decide that that doesn't work.
5. Kick the dog/cat.
6. Feel more calm.
7. Sit down.
8. Pick up phone.
9. Throw it at computer.
10. Call Stu.

TomB

TomB

The dreaded windows XP blue screen of death.

God i hated that bloody screen!!

One thing i used that's is not on the disk was to use a dos prompt and to run chkdsk /f

that fixed index problems on the hard drive, especially after virus problems and i always found it useful.

Other than that i found that whacking it repeatedly with a wooden spoon often does the trick :D

Since i upgraded to windows I've never (touch wood) seen a vista screen of death. I wonder what it looks like? I bet its posh :D

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I had to laugh at the very first point regarding floppy disks. Hasn't most people stopped selling these now :p I haven't seen one for ages.

I've only ever had the BSOD once and solved it by going out any buying a new PC :)

TomB

TomB

I've only ever had the BSOD once and solved it by going out any buying a new PC :)

LOVE IT :D :D

I must remember that advice for any clients that have that problem. Can you imagine the look on their face!!!

T

Last edited by a moderator:
stugster

stugster

Brian, disappointed that I'm number 10 in your list! :p Did make me laugh though! ;)