By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

10 Questions to ask your customers

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Came across this article from various sources which I have to say made me think alot about how I interact with customers in the various businesses I work in.

10 questions to ask your customers

In all honesty i'm probably guilty at not doing 90% of this. I wonder what others think of the above article. Do you actively encourage customer feedback etc and how do you think this affects your business?

Would be really interested in finding out your thoughts :)

Mike Lewis

Mike Lewis

An interesting topic, .

I'm perhaps in a better position than other businesses in obtaining customer feedback. Because I run technical training courses, I hand out a feedback form just before the end of the course. This is a common feature of training courses and one that trainees have come to expect, so I get a near-100 percent response rate.

I then spend a lot of time going through the replies. Most importantly, I act on the results. Over the years, I've constantly refined the subject matter of my courses - and the way I deliver them - in the light of these comments.

That said, I didn't find the "10 questions to ask your customers" (in the article you quoted) very useful. For my purposes, they are too general. Rather, I ask very specific things like "did you find topic XX easy to understand?" or even "were you satisfied with the choice of snacks served in the breaks?"

But no two businesses are the same, so what works for might not apply to others.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator: